KENT STATE UNIVERSITY
Graduated 2016, Kent, Ohio
Master of Science in User Experience Design / Information Architecture
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
Graduated 2011, Columbus, Ohio
Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies/Video Production
SENIOR UX/UI ENGINEER, SURGERE
October 2019 - Present, Green, Ohio
- As the Senior UX/UI Engineer I am responsible for overseeing all user experience and design aspects of the organization.
- Created Surgeres first Design System to ensure consistency throughout the product development process.
- I work with the marketing team and business stakeholders to develop a cohesive experience throughout our platform to increase user satisfaction.
- I'm responsible for guiding the entirety of the design process through its completion by presenting them to stakeholders and working along developers to ensure accurate implementation.
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER, WESTFIELD GROUP
August 2017 - October 2019, Westfield Center, Ohio
- I was the lead UX designer on the My Westfield project ( a customer-facing portal allowing users to login, view policies, pay bills, view open claims, and access agent information).
- Established and contributed to Westfields Design System (style guide) that created a shared library of reusable components and guidelines. This allowed us to reduce design debt, eliminate inconsistencies, and speed up our process.
USER EXPERIENCE ARCHITECT, HITCHCOCK FLEMING & ASSOCIATES
April 2016 - August 2017, Akron, Ohio
- Clients worked with included:
Goodyear, PPG Paint, Liquid Nails, LP Building Products, Wolf Home Products, Clopay Garage Doors
- Created process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements, user scenarios, and use cases.
- Identified critical problems in customer journeys and provided compelling solutions that were elegant, useful, and effective.
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER, IDEABASE
March 2015 - April 2016, Kent, Ohio
Designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. Experience working in a research environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction. Possess an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication with the creative director and other designers.